Welcome to our class!

We will be starting class soon and I wanted to give you some additional information about how I run my classroom. I do not use a traditional "discipline plan" in my class. You may be use to your child pulling cards, tickets, having recess taken away, etc. We do things a little differently and each child is responsible for their own actions and the consequences that go along with their choices.

I expect my students to be respectful at all times and to do the right thing. We have lots of proceedures in our classroom but the students are given many choices throughout the day. When choices are made by a child that is not following our proceedures or something that creates a problem for me or another student, natural consequences will occur.

We will be coming up with some classroom normes and a list of things we "can do in our classroom". I don't believe in a lot of lists of things they "can't do".

I expect my students to live by the following:

Do the right thing.
Be self-controlled.
Use Good Manners.
Treat others the way they want to be treated.

I have been a Love and Logic teacher for 3 years and have found that these things take care of most behaviors in the classroom.

Meet Mrs. McGuire

My photo
I live in Farmington with my husband and my daughter Mikayla who is in 9th grade. My sons, Kaleb and Marvin are students at Arkansas Tech University in Russellville. My husband works for Wal Mart and is also an officer in the U.S. Army. He spent a year serving our country for a year in Iraq. This will be my 6th year to teach and love every minute of it. I have two pugs, Mushu and Milo, 3 cats, Bandit, Bear and Ci-Ci and two Ferrets named Pringle and Chilli. My sweet baby Paprika recently passed away. I miss her greatly. My husband and I ride motorcycles and have so much fun. I have my own Harley Davidson. I love to scrapbook, watch movies, blog and dance.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas 2008

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Our Class Pet

Tiger of the Week!

Tiger of the Week!
Click here to see more about our special student this week.

Prairie Grove Weather